- 4 pounds raw sweet potatoes, diced into large chunks and boiled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Oatsome Oat Milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, optional
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 5 Tbsp unsalted vegan butter, melted
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup Oatsome Rolled Oats
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 cup pecan halves
MAKE THE FILLING
- Add the sweet potato chunks to a large stockpot, cover with water, and boil. Cook over high heat until sweet potatoes are fork-tender. Drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a 2.5 to 3-quart baking dish or a 9×13-inch baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- To the large bowl with the sweet potatoes, add the eggs, vegan butter, Oatsome Oat Milk, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla, salt, optional nutmeg, and optional cinnamon, and beat with a handheld electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined and fluffy.
- Turn into the baking dish, lightly smoothing the top with a spatula; set aside.
MAKE THE TOPPING
- Add the vegan butter and high-power heat to a large microwave-safe bowl to melt for about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar salt, and toss with a fork or your fingers until moist crumbs form.
- Add the pecans and toss to incorporate.
- Evenly spread topping out over filling.
- Bake the sweet potato casserole for about 45 to 50 minutes (or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours if you’re prepping it in advance) or until the top is lightly golden brown, set on the edges, and mostly set in the center. Baking time will vary based on the pan used. Serve immediately. Extra will keep airtight for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Enjoy your Sweet Potato Casserole with Oat Pecan Topping!