- 1 ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ¾ cup Chocolate Oatsome Oat Milk
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup BBF Cacao powder
- ½ tsp salt
1. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice and water; set a slightly smaller bowl in the same large bowl. (Make sure water does not go into a smaller bowl. ) Set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk together 3 Tbsp Chocolate Oatsome Oat Milk and the cornstarch until smooth.
3. In a large saucepan combine the remaining oat milk, coconut milk, sugar, cacao powder, and salt; whisk until no lumps remain. Cook over medium heat until the mixture just comes to a boiling, whisking frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 4 minutes.
4. Add cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir 1 minute more till mixture thickens.
5. Pour the mixture into a smaller bowl in an ice water bath. Stir to cool mixture.
6. Remove bowl from ice water bath. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours until well chilled.
7. Uncover the mixture and whisk well until smooth.
8. Churn in a 1 ½ to 2 qt ice cream freezer according to manufacturer’s directions. Store in an airtight container; freeze overnight for best results.